Thursday, October 11, 2007

Disturbing Reflections

I had an odd night, last night.

I have many friends in Second Life. I have Blacklist. I have things I could do...

But last night, I was bored. I was feeling sorry for myself, and stressing about feeling sorry for myself. Six months ago, I'd have turned off the computer and done something else. Instead, I stayed online, sat by my virtual self, and pondered things that should be left unpondered in this virtual world. Then I went places I really didn't want to go, looking for things I didn't want to have or do, before returning to the railroad bridge in Shaitan, sitting alone, pondering again.

What is the point of a game that causes stress and angst? And why can't I recognize this coming, before it's too late?

Alysa counseled me, early in the evening, giving me much to think about. And Lisa knocked some more sense in my head, shortly before I logged off.

It's time to reflect.

I'll be back. Soon.

No comments: