Friday, December 28, 2007

The Garden of Exiles



Okay... it's been a while since my last post.

I blame it on the Jolly Old Fat Man. You know how it is... feeling you need to compete with his gift-giving.... you spend the entire holiday season shopping, and stressing about shopping. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Despite the shopping rush, I know I did.

The last couple days, I've been working on something new.

It started when I looked from the deck of my skybox, and saw... nothing! Nothing, where Alysa's home should have been. All sorts of things passed through my mind, as to what sort of holiday tragedy could have claimed her home... perhaps a holiday fire started in the Christmas tree? It happens all the time, you know.

I looked on the map and saw a green dot below. I thought, perhaps, she was strolling through the charred remains of her tiny skybox, ashes floating down on her like dirty snowflakes. I jumped over my railing in a single bound, and floated down to the ground. There was no smoke, no ash. Alysa was not looking, teary-eyed at the burned ruins of a skybox.

No...

She was planting trees.

I asked her, surprised, where her skybox was. She said, matter-of-factly, "I deleted it, of course, to make room for the garden!"

So I started to help, a bit. Before long, we had filled her 512 parcel, and she bought the adjoining parcel - which also filled quickly. I bought a third parcel, and we joined them into group-owned land, so we could use all the prims for the garden.

It started from a small garden and it grew... it has two sides, light and cheery, and dark and dreary. Cuddle-spots are all around. There is a waterfall, a pond, a cave.... and the most comfortable hammock in all of Second Life.

Since we are both involved with Blacklist, and since this is on adjoining land in Shaitan, we decided to call it, "The Garden of Exiles."

We'll be installing teleports in Blacklist soon.

Come check out The Garden of Exiles. But please, don't feed the squirrel.

No comments: