Monday, February 11, 2008

Building Big, Building Small


Alysa and I have been building again...
Building something big...

We have recently been so impressed with the art exhibitions of Sysperia and Ruska, and some new work by Yppy, that we were inspired to get involved. I've long been the creative type... but beyond building for myself and for Blacklist, I've not explored other outlets.


So, we're building a Blacklist Gallery. I want Blacklist to make an impact in the SLArt world. We can't build the gallery in the city limits, as Blacklist is already texture-loaded. So we're building on the ground on Blacklist land. I've set aside 4,000 square meters of land for the gallery. We're building it open and airy. I'm very pleased with the results so far. Look for an opening before the end of March.



Sometimes, you need a contrast in life.

Building on the scale of the treehouse or the galery is great fun, but it's also a bit tiring. Sometimes, I like to be able to see an entire build without having to move my avatar. Big builds often get out of selection range, even if you disable camera constraints. Its just tricky, sometimes, to work that way.

So, we take breaks, now and then, and work on smaller projects. Alysa built a new shop building that accommodates four vendors, and is pretty compact. I renovated a space to accommodate three vendor spots, as well. These are on a much smaller scale than those other projects.

Taking it even smaller, we're building little hangout areas, "Dump Couches" or hobo hangouts, to be placed around the city. They are for sale in Alysa's shop, "Rawr!!" as well (she changed the name - still the same great stuff).

Here, you see us relaxing for a moment in one of these little hangout spots.

I love building. Big and small. And building with Alysa makes it that much more fun.

So, check out the new locations in Blacklist... and check out the gallery as well... SW corner of Shaitan. We'll be installing teleports and putting it in search, soon.

See you around town.

-Shye

No comments: