Monday, February 25, 2008

Expanding Blacklist


Ok.. so.. I was minding my own business... at my home in Blacklist... changing my clothes... naked and unarmed... when all of a sudden...

Zombies attacked!

It seems we placed our house a bit too close to the hellmouth from which zombies spawn in Blacklist. I managed to survive the attack by running around the bed (I'm faster than the average zombie, thank goodness). But, it was clear that we couldn't stay there!

While thinking of where we might move our house, Blacklist rented it's last available vendor spot. So, with the need to build more shops, and the need to move our home, it was clear there was only one solution.

Expand Blacklist.

I would guess we have expanded the surface area by nearly 20%... just Alysa and me... building shops, moving home, laying down streets, a dump, and planning other things to build there.

Building with Alysa is something I love to do. The two of us got 80% of the work done in just two days.

We did have one major holdup... we deleted our old home... and it appeared that it vanished... but walking onto the empty lot where it stood resulted in crashing your nose into an invisible wall! o.O

I filed a support ticket with Linden Labs, asking for a restart of the sim. More than a day later, there had been no response. Alysa and I took it upon ourselves to "restart the sim" so that we could continue our work. ;)

You can see a bit of a preview of our new space in the pic. You are free to wander around Blacklist and see it for yourself... it's currently still under construction. I'll post more pics, soon.

See you around town.

No comments: